Monday, August 31, 2009

Day Off

I love having weekdays off. I mean I'd be willing to give up my weekends just to take a couple of days off mid-week. Why? I'm home alone. It's like when I first moved out and I had the entire place to myself to do whatever the hell I felt like doing. Kids are in daycare, wife's at school, I'm sitting here in my underwear surfing the web. Hey, if you didn't want too much information about me, you probably shouldn't be reading this. Anyway, as I'm sitting here doing nothing productive, I was reading some of my old posts from 2004. My first thought was, "holy crap that was 5 years ago." and my second thought was, "I'm a boring guy." Anyway, the real reason I mention the old posts is because I read some of my old hospital stories. Ever since I took this desk job and stopped working at the hospital, I don't have any really good stories anymore. No more messy, bloody stuff, no dead or dying people, no sad tearjerkers, and no exciting codes. Oh well, the only ones that really suffer from this are you, the readers. I just know I don't come home smelling like shit anymore.

No comments: