Sunday, August 28, 2005

Dance With Me

I can't dance. No, don't try to make me feel better. I already know this. I'm not coordinated enough and I just look silly. Oh, and I'm shy. All this = me = bad dancing. Yesterday we went to an engagement party where there were a lot of dance instructors. The sexy latin style of dancing, not the gay Patrick Swayze ballroom nobody-puts-baby-in-a-corner shit. Someday I'll take lessons and I'll show all of you. We're gonna put the "sizzle" in... uh, sizzling. Shut up, I couldn't think of a good line there. Anyway, this engagement party was straight out of a movie. If you've ever seen Dance With Me with Vanessa Williams and Chayanne (mini review: pretty good, fun to watch the dancing) well this party was just like the one in the movie. There was a little dance floor, tonnes of food, music, family, and beautiful garden lighting. Kinda made me wish I could dance without looking like an idiot or making my dance partner look stupid. This guy last night said, "The way you dance is the way you are as a lover." Well I only dance for a few minutes and I just sit to the side and watch. So no matter how true his statement was, I'm not going to believe it.

No comments: