Sunday, March 19, 2006

Natural Evolution

Last year I bought a silver iPod Mini. I chose the iPod over other mp3 players because it looked good, it was easy to use, and it was just cool to have. Also, the iPod was supposed to change the way I listened to music. Well, I gotta tell ya, I still listen to music the same way but now I carry a lot more of it with me than I ever have. I use it at work a lot sitting in front of my computer. I even bought some cheap-o speakers for work for when I don't want to use the headphones (or earbuds or whatever the hell you call them). Now, after a year, in the interest of evolution and Darwinian theory, I've gotten rid of the old iPod Mini and upgraded to the Video iPod. Okay, not exactly Darwinian Evolutionary Theory, but the new video iPod is pretty fucking sweet. I've even started downloading video podcasts. I'm not going to give you a big review on the iPod, I'm just gonna say, if you're gonna get an iPod, screw the Shuffle, screw the Nano. Get the Big One.

2 comments:

Fumbling said...

The shuffle was the biggest gimmick ever. Let's strip out things like CONTROL over what you listen to, take out the display, and market it as "random" like life. And of course people fell for it.

head dump said...

I like the Nano! I don't care for the ipod Video, when will i get the chance to sit and squint into a tiny screen to watch... whatever it is I care to download? I have the Nano, and I like it.