Tuesday, November 25, 2003

I was talking to my friend Dinah (so much for anonymity) and she told me to make my blog more interesting. Maybe talk about my first time, my first period, or my first boyfriend or something like that. I thought about just making it up, but if someone came around and read this over your shoulder s/he might get the wrong idea. So I scrapped that idea. Sorry Dinah, you'll just have to listen to me complain about stuff.

Y'know when I want to watch a movie, I don't bother renting it. I've discovered that its totally worth it for me to just buy it. I mean, $5 to rent it, $7 for the late fee, and then the bother of having to go to blockbuster twice... well, I might as well buy the damn thing and keep it on my shelf like all the other late blockbuster movies that are sitting there. And unless its a movie I don't ever plan to buy, those filipino ripped versions just don't cut it. Especially when its a video camera that's been set up at the theater and you can see the audience's heads at the bottom of the screen. If its a decent version of something like, say, Love Actually, well okay. I'll watch that. But Steve had this version of Matrix Reloaded... man, I thought I saw my uncle sitting in the front row.

Lately I've been thinking about going back to school and maybe specializing in something. Sometimes I think I need to do something different because my current job is getting stale. Then I'll have a good day where my patients don't bug the crap outta me and I'll think, "Hey, I still enjoy this." Damn I'm a compassionate guy. Do you think it would be a waste of money to take some computer classes just for the hell of it? I want to learn about stuff, but I would never change my career like that. I still like my job, remember? Personal development is always good, right?

No comments: