Wednesday, November 24, 2004

I Hate Dumbasses

I was teaching a class this morning and someone asked me something about a blood test. Considering how much background I have in lab procedures and theory, my immediate answer was, "I don't know." She gave me this dirty look like I was supposed to to know. Look lady, why the hell should I know. Don't give me that look cuz you didn't know either. I'm a nurse. I'm not a lab tech, I'm not a microbiologist, I'm not a programmer, I'm not radiologist, I'm not dietician, I'm not a phlebotomist, I'm not an administrator, and I'm not a cardiologist. My area of study is in direct patient care with an interest in informatics. I helped build a system for nurses to use because I am a nurse. If you don't know something clinical, its not my job to teach you. Maybe you should consider continuing education. Dumbass.

4 comments:

R said...

Cliche's are almost always right as evidence by the shear volume of times ppl say them. But there IS such thing as a dumb question and it so bothers me when ppl says there isn't. Rhoel.

Oliver said...

there's no such thing as a dumb question, but before you ask I want you to THINK REAL HARD...

celia said...

it's amazing how many ppl out there don't have common sense. don't blame other ppl for your own stupidity.

Oliver said...

Celine: I don't know.