Saturday, February 12, 2005

Happy Birthday Vanessa

I moved to BC in 1989 and that summer I met a handful of people. Some I haven't talked to or seen in years, but there are many that I'm still friends with now. Vanessa is one of those people. I've known her for 16 years now and I consider her one of my close friends. Happy Birthday, Vanessa!

If you don't already know, Vanessa travels a lot for her job. Once when we went shopping at Best Buy she pointed out a portable DVD player and said, "that would be great for those overnight trips when I don't want to leave my hotel room." So,this year for her birthday, we all pitched in and bought her one. Because I'm the tech geek, it was my responsibility to go pick one out that was in our budget and go buy it. So we collected names, counted heads, figured out a budget, and bought her the gift. The thing I hate about doing this that now I get stuck with collecting the money from people that I may only see once every other month. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to be the one to go buy Bung's gift, but now I end up paying interest on my credit card because a handful of people won't pay me until I see them again in May. *sigh* Oh well. C'est la vie...

No comments: