Friday, April 22, 2005

Book Review

The DaVinci Code by Dan Brown

I totally forgot to do a review on this book after reading it! So, here it is:

Hard to put down. I really liked this one.

Seriously though, I've read reviews saying that Dan Brown is anti-Catholic but I disagree. Someone studying evolution and the history of mankind can still be Catholic, I mean come on, do people honestly believe that the world was created in a week and the entire population of the earth started with Adam and Eve? That's just unreasonable - and don't even try to say something like "you just have to have Faith." But with Brown's book, just because he offers a different take on the life of Jesus and the history of the Catholic church doesn't mean he's anti-Catholic. There's nothing wrong with a little creative thinking and questioning established beliefs. In the book, I don't know where the fact ends and the fiction begins and that's what makes it so damn intriguing. And just because I find the ideas in the book interesting doesn't mean I'm a satan-loving heretic. Besides, you'll find the book in the Fiction section at Chapters, not the History section. Just read it and make up your own mind about whether Brown is just spinning a good yarn or trying to bring down the Catholic church.

No comments: