Sunday, August 6, 2006

Fireball!!

Last night Celia's cousin was in town. We went out for a nice dinner, had a few drinks, and hit some club. We also met his friend who is a bit of a movie star. Don't get me wrong, he's not like Bruce Willis: Movie Star or Johnny Depp: Movie Star, he's more like "that guy that was in the movie with Mark Wahlberg". Anyway, if you saw him you'd probably recognize a couple of movies he was in. He was in Catwoman, The Corruptor, and most importantly he played Ryu in the Street Fighter movie. As we were sitting in the bar having drinks I could only think one thing: "Man, Ryu could totally take Guile in a fight." And I had to stop myself from asking him, "Okay, seriously now, seriously. Did you ever hit it with Chun-Li?" All kidding aside, he was a really nice guy except I think he was trying hit on Celia.

Ryu: "So Celia, what do you do?"
Celia: "Oh, I work in real estate development."
Ryu: "That's interesting, how do you like it?"
Oliver: "I'm a nurse."
Ryu: "So what development are you working on now."
Celia: "I'm at UBC."
Ryu: "There's a lot of new development there."
Oliver: "I'm a nurse."
Ryu: "In fact, I have some family that lives in one of your company's developements."
Celia: "Oh, which one?"
Oliver: "I'm a nurse."
etc etc...

Okay, I'm just kidding, it didn't really go like that. He didn't totally ignore me, in all fairness I was sitting behind Celia in a slightly lower chair so he probably could barely hear or see me except when I was poking my head over her shoulder. Really nice guy though.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I thought Ryu was mega-time hot.. and what do you do again?