Sunday, August 27, 2006

A World of My Own

I hear that mp3 players are causing early hearing loss in teens. Well its a good thing I'm not a teenager anymore because I'd hate it if my iPod made my hearing worse than it already is. Seriously though, I'd like to make a comment about my iPod. It fucking rocks! When I first got it, I didn't think I'd actually use it that often, but after having one for roughly a year and a half, I have to say it has changed my life. Not like I-won-the-lottery-and-moved-to-el-salvador changed my life, but rather it has given me privacy where privacy is limited. I work at a desk with about 7000 people around me and there's always people talking or walking around. When I put my iPod on, those people disappear and I can quietly hum away to Justin Timberlake or Chantal Kreveiakjdkazck (how the hell do you spell that?). Actually, at work I listen to a lot of classical music. It's not distracting and I don't try to sing along.

No comments: