Sunday, February 4, 2007

Woof Woof

For the past couple of weeks we've had the dog. Good ol' Shaughn. I don't know if you know the story of the dog but he was named after Shaughnessy (Celia's family used to live there) and a couple of years ago got sick and hasn't been 100% since. Anyway, he's still a great dog. He'll follow me around the house even if I'm just going from one chair to another. He'll sit at my feet as I watch TV and he'll watch as I play on my PS2. Understand this: I like him, he's a good dog. The part I don't like is getting up early in the morning to let him out so he can "do his business", especially on my days off. I don't like taking him out late at night just before I go to sleep and I don't like having to worry about coming home right after work so I can let him out again. People tell me it'll be great practice for when the babies come. Seriously? You're comparing raising children to taking care of a dog? I've never been a pet person. I don't feel that emotional connection to animals. I know that Celia does so I do my best to make sure Shaughn is well taken care of. I'll look after Shaughn for as long as I can because he's part of Celia's family and he's a good dog. I'm just not a pet person.

No comments: