Monday, October 6, 2008

Indoor Pool

I picked up my parents from the airport today. They like to go on vacation about twice/year now that they don't have to support their kids anymore. Anyway, they were gone for about 2 weeks and when I drove them home we opened the front door to some very strange sensations. First thing I noticed was the sound, "hmm, sounds like the shower is on upstairs. i wonder what the hell is going on." Then I noticed the temperature, "it's really warm in here and pretty humid too." Then I noticed the floor, "strange that the floor is covered in water." A water pipe broke in the upstairs bathroom and flooded the whole fucking house. The kitchen, which is directly below the bathroom was totally destroyed and the ceiling panels were drooping from the water. They have laminate floors, *ahem* they had laminate floors but they got all warped, and the carpet was soaked. The walls were obviously soaked and pretty much everything was ruined. The whole fucking house is practically ruined and will have to be gutted before anyone can live there again. They're staying with us tonight and for however long they need to I guess. I can't imagine coming home to that. I think I would cry or go crazy.

1 comment:

head dump said...

Oh cool, now you have live in baby sitters. "Welcome to your new room, it has twins, not a twin bed, but real twins that cry"