Friday, December 12, 2008

The Christmas Light Fiasco

So this year I was determined to put up Christmas lights.  Back when I first moved out, I bought Christmas lights on my first Christmas at my house but never put them up.  For 3 years I always took them out but never hung them so now in our first Christmas at our new home, I decided to put them up no matter what.  The funny thing is that I pulled out the old ones but didn't like them so I bought brand new ones. 

Since I work in the mall, I went to Zellers and picked up a couple strings of lights thinking that 30' would be enough.  As I hung them I realized that I was nowhere near being right about that and needed another string but by the time I went back to Zellers they were all out lights that matched the ones I bought.  I went to 2 different Zellers, the Bay, Rona, Sears, Canadian Tire, and WalMart but no one had lights that would match.  Finally, I just went to Rona and bought 3 new strings of blue lights.  I took down the white ones I had already hung, and put up the new blue ones.  I ended up using the white ones on one of the trees outside the house so it wasn't a waste or anything.  Actually, I need more…  Anyway, after I finished, I went inside, got Celia and we stood outside to see the beautiful new lights on our house.  Mieh.  I don't really like how they look so next year I'm going to buy new lights again.

No comments: