Wednesday, July 8, 2009

I'm a Fan

So I was watching the Michael Jackson memorial yesterday and I thought, "we've lost a pretty amazing artist." Then, talking about it today at work, I realized that the newer generation don't really know the Glory Days. One of the women at work is only about 4 years younger than me but her memory of MJ starts around the time just after Dangerous when he got really weird and creepy. Before that, he was just a little eccentric. I think the best years started with Off the Wall and lasted through Thriller, Bad, and into Dangerous. If you were a fan during those 4 albums, then you knew his brilliance. It's just too bad there was all that crazy shit that happened afterwards. Nothing was the same after. They say that people at genius levels are a little weird, probably because they see the world differently than us regular folk. MJ's brilliance was also his downfall.

No comments: