Saturday, September 19, 2009

Review

So on our last day in Edmonton, we made a quick stop on our way to the airport. We stopped off and picked up a netbook at Futureshop. As an aside, that was the worst FS I've ever been to. It was like it was every staff member's first day on the job. No one knew anything about the products or services and it took us almost an hour just to buy a netbook. Stupid. Anyway, now that I have it and have used it for a couple of weeks, here's what I think of it: it does exactly what I need it to do. I don't need it to encode video or do any 3D rendering, I don't need it for photo editing and I don't need it to help make me super-productive. I just need it to surf the internet and be as portable as possibl and it does that just fine. What I would like it to do is have a bigger screen and a bigger touchpad and have more memory and a better processor and gpu and run Snow Leopard but that's what we call a Macbook Pro.

Speaking of Snow Leopard (if you don't know what I'm talking about, you're missing out), I recently upgraded to it and it's grrrreat!! Come cool new minor features and I think I can actually see that it's faster. Good shit man, good shit

No comments: