Friday, September 4, 2009

Hurry Up and Decide!

So I've pretty much accepted the fact that I won't be able to afford my macbook pro anytime soon so I've been playing with the idea of buying a netbook. Nothing superfancy, just something around the $300 range. All Celia wants it for is to surf the web, read/write email, and maybe store pictures on from school/work. A 10" screen sure beats a little 3" screen. Now that we're in Alberta, we figure it would be a perfect time to buy because we would save on PST, right? Right. So we decided that we would just go for it and get one. Until I started talking to my brother-in-law and realized that Windows 7 is being released next month and new netbooks will probably come with that installed instead of XP. So now, do we wait and buy it here and save 7% or do we wait and buy it with W7? Tomorrow is pretty much our last chance to get it so I have to decide pretty damn quick. Also, I'm writing this on a netbook so I can say with more confidence that it would meet my needs for now.

1 comment:

kim y said...

are you coming to calgary?