Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Just My Opinion

I read a lot of tech websites. Well, maybe not a lot, but a few. One of the common topics that comes up is the whole Android vs. iPhone debate. Android is more customizable and there is no restrictions on apps and there are more devices that run it etc etc. I only have one thing to say about the iPhone: I still like it better. A lot. I like for the exact reason that many people criticize it: it has a closed platform that you can only get onto through the app store and then only if your app gets approved, you can't customize every little detail, it is intimately tied to my desktop (specifically, iTunes), and the OS is only available on one handset. The exclusivity to one carrier isn't an issue here in Canada, in fact most of our carriers have iPhones now. If you disagree with me, feel free to press alt-F4.

No comments: