Saturday, July 3, 2010

People

I was reading some old blog posts and I remembered there was a button at the top to view the "next blog". As I clicked through it, I noticed something about the random blogs I was taken to: a lot of bloggers (on this website anyway) are writers of some sort or they read a lot. About 5 or 6 years ago, everyone and their dog had a blog (see, I'm a poet too) to talk about anything and everything. People wrote about their day-to-day lives and made comments about the things they experienced and saw in the world. I suppose people still do that, it's just in 140 characters or less now. Anyway, I guess it makes sense that people in the literary world will keep a blog, I mean, they are more interested in reading and writing than, say, a nerd like me. The only problem I find is that I'm not really interested in reading about their short stories or poetry or the book they read last week. I'm more interested in their actual lives. I like to read about people's everyday lives. The things that make them tick. Their real stories that got them to where they are now. Y'know, that's something I miss about working in the hospital: meeting hundreds of new people and getting to know their stories.

1 comment:

Limabea said...

i completely agree with this 100%!!