Friday, November 11, 2005

I Hate Cleaning Windows

I hate it when your windows (and mirrors) have fingerprints and are all smudgy. I just hate cleaning them. I also hate when Windows seems to be running really really slow and I can't figure out why. I don't know how to fix this kind of crap so I just ignore it until it either goes away or until I am forced to start all over again (ie, reinstall). I could probably use a fresh reinstall anyway. My biggest pet peeve about Windows is when you are downloading something or transferring large files from one drive to another and you get that stupid, useless progress bar. "Oh look, only 5 minutes remaining. What the... now it says 30 minutes!?" Why does it bother to estimate how much time is remaining when it's highly dependent on what else the computer is doing at the same time? Show the bar, forget the time. Just let me know how much data is left to download/move and leave it at that.

No comments: