Monday, March 30, 2009

MiL On the Way

In about 2 weeks, my mother-in-law is coming. She usually stays with us because she wants to be with the twins and will usually take a short side trip to San Francisco. Most people moan and groan and roll their eyes when they hear their mother-in-law is coming to visit, but I actually really enjoy it. Not only does she come and help (a lot) with the kids, but she also takes care of Celia and I. When the kids were still in the hospital, sometimes we wouldn't come home until 10 or 11pm and when walked in the door, mom2 would have some hot food waiting for us. There is nothing better than food ready for you when you walk in the door. Maybe a cold beer but that's just being greedy. Anyway, I never expect her to cook for us or anything, but she does and I love it. The other bonus is that she often takes my side when Celia and I disagree. :)

2 comments:

head dump said...

haha... that's because she NEVER took Celia's side!! oops, sorry Cel. oh, and a correction, that side trip isn't to SF, that's to Brenda's house. This is her first trip here since 2003. No body loves me.

Sister1 said...

my mom does takes Allen's side when we fight too... BOO!