Sunday, May 17, 2009

Live in the Now

Now that the twins are starting to talk a bit, I have to be extra careful with the words I use.  So far they haven't repeated anything bad but Lucas is getting very good at repeating words.  His talking has exploded in the past few weeks.  He's learning words like crazy and is starting to put them together creatively.  Amelia still babbles a lot but she says it like you're supposed to understand her.  She doesn't like to repeat stuff but you can tell she's just soaking it in, ready to burst out in full sentences.  She did this when she was an infant too.  She would just watch everything and then one day she started to roll and crawl and walk, leaving Lucas in the dust.  so even though Lucas may be using words more now, I expect Amelia to pick it up quick.  I've always looked forward to the day they could talk but now I miss the days when they were still crawling around (kinda).  Maybe I should stop looking forward to what will come and appreciate what is here.

No comments: