Tuesday, May 19, 2009

You Know More Than You Know

I was reading this thing about some guy that gave a speech at some commencement ceremony somewhere (that's a pretty detailed line, I know) and rather than try to impart some of his wisdom on the new grads, he instead asked them to write down their response to the question "What do my classmates and I need to hear on graduation day?"  It appeared as though the final lesson they learned was that they were, in fact, quite a bright bunch a people.  Some of the responses:
  • Be wise enough not to be reckless, but brave enough to take great risks.
  • It's okay to fail - learn from it and you will succeed.
  • Wash your hands... religiously.
Hmm, not bad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Per your earlier comment, 'I was reading this thing about some guy that gave a speech at some commencement ceremony somewhere...'... you read it on PostSecret. Here's the indirect URL reference, iff'n you're interested: http://www.smcm.edu/admissions/blog/2009/05/postsecrets-frank-warren-delivers-commencement-address/.]

P.S. I only mention this because I too enjoyed this very quote.