Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Newbies

Now don't get me wrong, I'm very happy to give my assistance whenever possible to anyone that needs help with their computer. I may jokingly gripe about it or give you hard time, but in the end I'm more than willing to help out. BUT, if you are going to ask for my help keep this in mind: I expect you to learn something. Do not point me to your computer and then leave me alone in the room at YOUR house (I might steal something). When I am working on YOUR computer, pay attention to what I'm doing - maybe next time you won't need to call me.

Here's a couple of stories that just make you shake your head:

Lisa calls me and says she is having problems with her computer. Its got a virus apparently. I ask her, "Did you open any emails in the past couple of days?" "No." she says. "Did you get any emails in the past couple of days?" I ask. She replies, "Nothing." "So let me get this straight. In the past 2 days you didn't receive any email." "That's right." Okay, now this is a little strange, but whatever. A couple days later I head over there to see what I can do. Steve and I are in the computer room and Lisa comes up and says, "I know where the virus came from. Its from the email that I got from Kim 3 days ago." "Umm, didn't you tell me 2 days ago that you didn't receive a single email for 2 or 3 days?" "Oh, I thought you meant email from people I didn't know." Kim knew which virus was there and apparently fixed her computer. We could have asked her and saved a lot of time. *sigh*.

Vanessa came over once and wanted to burn a CD (no, I really mean she wanted to burn a CD. a music CD - shut up jeff and lisa). Anyway, the Windows Explorer window is open and she says "Where do I search for music?" "You can click on "search". "But its not there." "Huh? Its right there." "But you don't have the song." "Oh, you want to download something!" "Yeah, that's what I said." "No. No its not."

Perry was looking for a wallet and Jason tells her "Its on top of the computer." She looks around a little more and says, "Jason, its not here." "Yes it is, I can see it from here." Now Perry is getting a little frustrated. "Where?!" When Jason points it out, Perry starts laughing. Then Jason says, "See, I told you it was on the computer." Apparently, Perry was looking on top of the monitor. The really funny part is that it was an LCD monitor. Why would anyone balance a wallet on top of a 2" thick monitor?

2 comments:

head dump said...

So, what you're saying is Celia now knows how to add links to her blog page?

Oliver said...

No. She still can't do that.