Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Translink rocks!

Since my car is a little un-trustworthy, I've been trying to be as environmentally friendly as possible. I've been taking public transit. I have to admit, its not as bad as I thought. I like the skytrain, but the bus still sucks. Earlier tonight we were on the bus and there was this one girl that kept saying, "Excuse me, bus driver, is this bus going to Fraser and Kingsway?" She must have asked him 10 times. Then there was this other girl on the phone saying, "I lost my bus pass on the skytrain. I'm fucked. I'm so screwed. I can't go to work. I'm gonna get fired. I'm so fucked. No, I don't have friends - they're all drug dealers. I lost my bus pass. I'm screwed." Okay lady, we get it. One thing that I enjoy when I'm out in public is people-watching. At least the bus gives me a chance to watch a lot of people.

4 comments:

double R said...

remember, you need to get a car with a roofrack before snowboard season starts!

Fumbling said...

Vancouver bus drivers are also complete assholes. I logged written complaints about their ignoring me, yelling, one actually grabbing my arm. I absolutely hated taking the bus.

Dennis said...

if you ever take the bus in Victoria... you will notice they are a million times nicer... passengers are always thanking the bus driver when they get off.. i started doing the same myself... i guess island people are much nicer than us mainland folks

celia said...

I always thank the bus driver when I get off.