Monday, October 11, 2004

Happy Thanksgiving!

I often think about what I don't have. I don't have a barbeque grill, I don't have an LCD monitor, I don't have a very big house, I don't have a new car, I don't have washboard abs, I don't have condo in Whistler, and I don't have a lot of clothes. But this time of year we're supposed to think about what we do have and give thanks for our blessings. Let's see, here's what I have to be thankful for (in no particular order):

1. a good job
2. a hot, loving girlfriend :)
3. warm clothes in winter
4. food at all times
5. family
6. good friends
7. my own home
8. good health
9. 42" widescreen TV with 5.1 surround sound
10. PS2 with Dance Dance Revolution and dance mats
11. oh crap, I'm getting off topic here
12. a car that works
13. good neighbours
14. high speed internet
15. a pretty good computer
16. a wireless-g network
17. wireless mouse and keyboard
18. uh oh, starting to stray again
19. why am I still counting?

Anyhoo, even though sometimes I don't take things as seriously as I should, I am very thankful for the things in my life and I try to never forget that I'm very lucky to have these things. I've met many people over the years who have less and are in worse shape than me (and I don't mean physically) and have a harder time with (it seems) everything. I have to remind myself regularly that I'm a lucky person and not to take things for granted. So now, although I never say it enough, I'd like to make sure that all those who fall under #2, 5, 6, and 13 know that I appreciate everything you've ever done for me and thank you all for being there for me during the good and bad times and for supporting me in everything I do.

Happy Thanksgiving

2 comments:

celia said...

You're very much appreciated too - btw, can i borrow 20 bucks? ;))

head dump said...

that was pretty smooth squeezing #2 in there. good job.