Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Let us have a moment of silence...

Usually, I don't get involved with the lives of music and movie stars. I mean, I don't know them except from movies and music videos. So when tragedy strikes in their lives, I don't think much of it. However, there is one movie star that I must say has been inspirational and became a real hero to many people. Today, Christopher Reeve died. Remembered best for his role as Superman, Christopher Reeve led research on stem cell research and became a source of inspiration for all those with spinal cord injuries. He was treating a bedsore (a common problem in para/quadriplegics) which became infected leading to a blood infection. He went into cardiac arrest and died today. Let us all take a moment to remember someone that truly was a super man.

1 comment:

celia said...

well said!