Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Work is Fun

I forgot how tiring night shifts can be. Actually, its not the night shift that's the problem, its the recovery time. I used to work a couple of 12-hr night shifts, then switch back to a regular sleep schedule in a couple of days. I just finished 3 nights and then last night I couldn't sleep and I was up until 5:30am! *sigh* I'm getting soft.

Well the first 5 days of our GoLive have been pretty successful. A couple of minor glitches and one bigger behind-the-scenes glitch that we're working on. Nothing huge, the system just doesn't want to be told what to do. Damnit HAL, do your job! Tomorrow will be the next step. Three nursing units go Live with electronic order entry. This is my module so at least when nurses ask me something I'll probably know the answer. I get to sit in emerg when this gets turned on. I have a feeling this will be a busy busy day! The final step will be on Nov 1 when the rest of the nursing units get turned on. I'm working almost every day until Nov 5 but that's okay because I'm actually enjoying this.

1 comment:

R said...

Dude, you still want those skates? I'm trying to get rid of alot of stuff taking up room. Rhoel.