Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Life's Lubricant (get your mind out of the gutter)

I get a lot of email at work. I know I know, everyone does. Luckily, most of the email I receive is just information stuff that gets sent to me because I'm on a lot of different distribution groups because of my position (free shout-out to anyone that can tell me my title/position - and not "RN"). In other words, it's just junk mail. One of the things I get once/week is our authority's Health News flyer. At the bottom, there's always the Chaplain's Thought for the Week. Some are really cheesy and some are actually quite insightful. Anyway, this week's was "Ten Ways to be Happy"

  1. Give something away
  2. Do a kindness
  3. Give thanks always
  4. Work with vim and vigour
  5. Visit the elderly and learn from their experience
  6. Look intently into the face of a baby and marvel
  7. Laugh often - it's life's lubricant
  8. Pray to know God's way
  9. Plan as though you will live forever - you will
  10. Live as though today is your last day on earth
Well that sounds reasonable.

No comments: