Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Finally

"What is required of us now is a new era of responsibility — a recognition, on the part of every American, that we have duties to ourselves, our nation, and the world," he said. "Duties that we do not grudgingly accept but rather seize gladly, firm in the knowledge that there is nothing so satisfying to the spirit, so defining of our character, than giving our all to a difficult task. This is the price and the promise of citizenship."

If this kind of thing keeps up, I think this new president might help people like americans.

Hey, I have a question. How come Obama is always described as the first black president? I thought he was only half-black. So the white people can take comfort in knowing he's still half-white and the black people can rejoice in that his half-blackness? I think if I was his white parent I'd be a little offended that I wasn't being acknowledged.

1 comment:

head dump said...

haha.. that's true. It's all about the colour of your skin, AGAIN!