Thursday, January 15, 2009

Growing Up

Next month the twins are going to daycare.  With Celia going back to school and with no nanny available, we needed some form of childcare on a daily basis.  Daycare isn't so bad, there are other kids about their age and there's structure to their day.  Exactly the kind of thing I want.  Today I was talking to someone about it and then I said it out loud: "They'll be in daycare monday to friday for about 8 or 9 hours a day."  Holy crap, that's a lot of time to be spending with strangers.  I mean, I do it every day at work but for a two year old that's a lot of non-family time.  Someday they'll be in school and it'll be similar situation.  Then someday they'll be old enough to be out on their own and then they'll be out all night and then they'll move out and then I'll hardly ever see them.  Now I don't want them to grow up.

No comments: