Saturday, February 21, 2004

Gross

So the other night there was this woman on the ward (not my patient) that had a postpartum bleed so she was bleeding vaginally. Well I guess she got up to the bathroom and was sitting on a commode when she decided to pass out. Well first off we had to get her back into bed. Since the commode was on wheels, we rolled her right beside the bed. To get her back into bed I did a 1 person pivot because she was half awake but halfway through the pivot she decided to faint again. I had one knee under her so she ended up sitting on my knee for a second. We got her back into the bed (finally!) and everything turned out just fine but then I looked down at my knee and guess what? I had a big smear of blood on my pants! Oh gross. I'm considering just burning those pants...

No comments: