Sunday, February 29, 2004

Whistler Trip

I definitely like Blackcomb mountain better than Whistler mountain. Not as many flat areas and a lot more exciting runs. The day started out pretty good. I had to get used to my new board for a couple of runs first and we didn't want to leave Jeanette right away so we went to Whistler mountain and did a long run there first. This new board is really fast! Then we decided to hit Blackcomb and go right to the top. We took the gondola, 2 chair lifts, and a t-bar to get to the glacier. Wow! Very nice. If the conditions were a little better (ie. more powder, more sun), it would have been "spectacular", but as it was it was just "amazing". 7000ft, 2.2km elevation. The air was a little thin. The t-bar was a joke. This is another thing that was made for skiers. Greg, Randy and I all fell at least twice in the first 5meters. Randy, however... We were all at the top of the t-bar just waiting for Randy to come up. We saw him coming up and not even 10 meters away from us, he bails. The T-bar was dragging him up. "Randy! Let go and hike it!" He just said "No!" and let the tbar drag him the rest of the way. I wish I had a picture of that! Well we made our way down from the glacier and then moved over to 7th Heaven. Again, if the conditions were better it would have been amazing. We came down and did a bunch of blue runs for the rest of the day. The "under-26" trio went to the terrain park and Randy and I stuck to the runs. It was a good day. At the end we did the glacier, 7th heaven twice, tree runs, rocky runs, and at least 6 long blue runs. All this with only a 15 minute break. BTW, did I mention that I love my new board?

No comments: