Saturday, April 22, 2006

Everybody Has a Story Part 8

Last night I picked up another shift at the hospital. I had a patient that was still relatively young (54 yrs old) with a broken hip. "54? That's pretty young for a broken hip," I thought. Reading into it a little more, I saw that the docs thought this too and did a few more tests. As it turns out, he had bone cancer. From what I hear, this form of cancer is one of the more painful ones. He had just found out from his doc earlier in the day and last night he didn't fall asleep until about 5am. Nice guy, too. When I see things like this, I just can't help but think, "Man, that really sucks."

1 comment:

R said...

I always try to remember that there are many less fortunate ppl in this world and I think it helps me keep my own personal worries in perspective. BTW, how many hits are you at now?

Rhoel.