Thursday, May 10, 2007

The Long Road Home

The twins passed the car seat test and yesterday we took them home, exactly 2 months after they were born.  It was quite emotional when we found out they were finally being discharged and when we actually walked out of the NICU I was so happy I couldn't even talk.  It took us 15 minutes just to say goodbye to all the nurses that looked after our babies. As we packed up all their stuff in the drawers, it felt they were moving out. 
When we arrived at home and carried the car seats up the stairs, my first thought was, "this is gonna be a pain in the ass, going up and down these stairs with seats in hand.".
Anyway, they're home now and after 20 hours, everything is still okay. I haven't dropped them, stepped on them, bumped them, rolled over them, or burned them.  I think it'll be pretty tough but we'll be okay. Thank you to everyone for all you're support over the past two months, I'll be calling you soon to help babysit. :)
 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad to hear they are finally home.

Mel said...

OMG!! How exciting! Congrats on bringing your babies home! We still need to come see them!