Sunday, December 5, 2004

A Few of My Favourite Things

In honour of the Christmas spirit and The Sound of Music, I'm going to list a few of my Favourite Things. No, no credit will go to Oprah Winfrey.

In no particular order:

  • raindrops on roses
  • whiskers on kittens
  • bright copper kettles
  • warm woolen mittens
  • brown paper packages tied up in string
  • cream colored ponies
  • crisp apple streudels
  • doorbells
  • sleigh bells
  • schnitzel with noodles
  • wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings
  • girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes
  • snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes
  • silver white winters that melt into springs

I hate to admit it but I actually like the movie The Sound of Music. Even though its missing a good fight scene and fast car chases, it still has the girl in the wet, white dress and the tough-but-sensitive captain that gets to choose whichever girl he wants. A baroness or a nun... how do you choose? I'd give you my real list of favourite things, but someone will end up slapping me.

3 comments:

head dump said...

what I want to know is, did you remember the lyrics? or looked them up?

Those are really your favourite things? you like snowflakes on your lashes? and what's with the girls in white dresses?

Mel said...

I love The Sound of Music!

celia said...

my boyfriend is so in touch with his sensitive side...awwweeee. "head dump"...he knows the words. and white dresses (imagine the girl getting wet). i love that movie too.