Friday, May 6, 2005

Code Orange!

Last night when I got to work, the alarms were going off throughout the hospital. I took the stairs up and when I got the ward, I hear the overhead announcement: "Your attention please, Code Orange. Your attention please, Code Orange. All day staff are to remain on the premises." Let's see, what the hell is a code orange? Oh crap, its a disaster! Seems as though a water main burst and flooded the emergency dept, the medical imaging dept, and Central Processing. All the patients in emerg were either sent home or transferred to another hospital. Emerg was under a foot of water, with some parts of the floor up to 3 feet! I even heard the elevator shaft had 15 of water in it! Well, all surgeries were cancelled for the night and for today and emerg was closed all night and probably for most of today. The clean-up is going to suck for all those involved. I heard emerg got pretty messed up.

No comments: