Thursday, May 5, 2005

Sometimes its Good, Sometimes... not so much

I know that I've really been saying that I hate working on the ward and that I can't wait to get back to my desk job, but there are times when the ward has its nice moments. On Tuesday I got to work and there was a gift bag sitting there for me. I opened it up and there was a card and a little angel ornament from a patient I had last week. "For service above and beyond the call of duty--Thanks." She was a very nice woman that had a hard time after her surgery. This is my favourite part of nursing. You may not be able to change the world, but you might be able to change one person's world. Even though I was busy that day, I still had a good day.

The next day, however, wasn't so good. I was running non-stop from the moment I got there until 3 in the afternoon. The last 4 hours settle down, but I was so far behind at that point I was still pretty busy. I couldn't wait to go home. Days like that make me pray the next week and a half go by fast.

No comments: