Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Everybody Has a Story Part 5

Last week I was working a night shift. In the morning, I had to stay an extra hour to help out the day staff because they were short staffed. All I really did was hand out some meds and help get patients ready for the day. But, there was this one patient that just didn't seem right. The week before he was a patient of mine and he was doing great after his surgery. That morning, he just seemed a little... off. Anyway, I went home, got some sleep and came back to work for another night shift. I found out that this man had died during the day. Apparently, after about 3pm he just got worse and worse and ended up dying at about 7pm. He was such a nice man too. Easy-going, jovial, good-natured. I don't know if he has children or grandchildren, but I know he was survived by his wife. I hope she is doing okay.

No comments: