Thursday, September 18, 2008

4 Year Itch

I worked at the hospital for a little more than 4 years when I started to think about doing something different. Before I hit my 5 year mark, I had started a new job. Now that I've been in this job for a little more that 4 years, I'm starting to think about something different again. I don't want to change industries and I don't even want to change companies. I just to do something a little different. Making more money wouldn't hurt, but I'm not really that concerned about that. Well I am, but not enough to make me do a job that I didn't believe in. Anyway, there was this senior consultant position that has come up and I seriously considered applying for it. I'm in no way qualified for this position in education or experience but how hard can it be? I'm pretty sure I could fake it better than Jenna Jameson. After a lot of deep soul searching I decided that I wasn't going to apply because it wasn't something I wanted to do. My idea of a perfect position doesn't exist (even though it should. of course i would say that) but someday... someday.

No comments: