Saturday, September 6, 2008

Mac vs. PC

I have a new respect for Windows. I imagine that it has so many problems partly because it is trying to cater to too many people. There are so many different possible configurations for a PC (parts, manufacturers, brands, etc) and Windows is trying to accomodate them all. The Mac OS only has to worry about the configurations that Apple makes so it's just know to be a bajillion times more stable than Windows. Of course, I know nothing about programming and my understanding of the inner workings of any kind of computer is pretty basic so I could be totally wrong on this (very likely but who cares). Anyway, my only beef with Macs is that it treats me like a n00b. On my PC, I took great care in naming files in a very specific way, organizing these files the way I like, and maintaining this OCD structure regularly. The Mac does this stuff for you so you don't have to worry about it. Brilliant, huh? Except I like to do this stuff. I guess I could still do it on my mac but the point is that I don't have to and I'm trying very very hard to just let the damn mac do it's thing. Every once in a while I go to our Windows PC and rename and move files just to ease my jitters.

No comments: