Sunday, September 14, 2008

Top 5...

I always think of my first 2 months with the twins. Or maybe I should say my first 2 months without them. Fortunately for all the other parents I know, no one has had to deal with what we had to with the twins. Maybe I'm dwelling on it too much but here are my Top 5 Worst Memories of the kids' first 2 months of life:
  1. getting a phone call at 2am telling me Lucas is having trouble breathing because he has an infection and they needed to put him on a ventilator
  2. a call from Celia telling you your daughter might have a serious abdominal infection and has to be transported to the big children's hospital in case she needs surgery
  3. watching them struggle to live after being born almost 3 months early
  4. being forced to spend the majority of my time looking at them through a clear plastic incubator
  5. worrying constantly that some statistics show that preterm babies could be at higher risk for having a learning disability
Seriously, I have to get over this. They're fine now and have been nothing but amazing. Maybe I should go to therapy.

No comments: