Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Brain Food

I enjoy reading. In fact, over the past 3 years, I've probably read more books/year than I have in my entire life, including the time I spent in school. Don't get me wrong, its not a lot of books, maybe 4 or 5 per year, but then again they generally tend to be books over 200 pages, they usually don't have pictures, and the character's dialogue isn't inside a floating bubble over their head. My favourite books are always fiction and usually introduce a different thought process or an alternate society that has subtle differences in morality and ethics. I also like fast-paced "junk food" fiction that pushes ideas on you so fast you can't help but to agree and consider the concept.

Top 5 Favourite Books I've read over the past 5 years (in no particular order):

  1. 1984 by George Orwell
  2. The DaVinci Code by Dan Brown
  3. Oryx and Crake by Margaret Atwood
  4. Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien
  5. Catch 22 by Joseph Heller

No comments: