Thursday, October 13, 2005

Reality TV

I think I've mentioned it before, but I'll tell you again: I'm not a fan of reality tv. I've tried a few seasons of some of the shows, but I just can't follow it. One of the things I like about paid actors is that they are always on every season. You get to know the character, you learn their stories, and you grow attached to their struggles. In reality tv, you meet some people who's lives may not be that interesting and when the season ends or when they get kicked off the show they're gone. As in Gone. Like NSync's song. Gone. What happened to them? What happened to their problems? Where did they go? When the new season starts, there's a whole new batch of people who's lives I still don't care about and who's problems still aren't mine. There have been a few shows I've watched where I've like the people, but then they disappear and the new crowd sux.

My Favourite Seasons:
  1. Survivor: Outback
  2. America's Next Top Model Season 2
  3. The Apprentice Season 1
  4. American Idol Season 1 & 2

The Stupid Ones
  1. Are You Hot?
  2. Big Brother
  3. The Swan
  4. Trading Spouses

4 comments:

Dennis said...

I can't believe you don't watch the Amazing Race. I've seen virtually every episode... the production of such a show is a huge task. However, the current 'family edition' doesn't do it for me as it is US based.

Mel said...

yah - I don't really like the pamily edition so much...

btw - my blogs broken - will link the new one soon

Anonymous said...

"In reality tv, you meet some people who's lives may not be that interesting..."

For someone who has a pet peeve against gramatical errors you seem to have forgotten that "who's"="who is" and WHOSE indicates posession, which would be more appropriate for your statement. =P

Oliver said...

lol! i guess i'm not perfect. :\