Sunday, October 16, 2005

I Hope You Like My Music

When I bought my iPod last May I kinda wondered to myself what I really needed it for. I don't often listen to music with headphones, in fact I don't even like listening to music that way. I don't want to carry around another device (on weekdays I already carry a cellphone and a blackberry) that I can drop or lose. Then after a few weeks of using it regularly, I thought, "This is great! I can carry a tonne of music with me wherever I go and the headphones give me a good excuse to ignore people." It was especially great at work where I could pretend not to hear people trying to talk to me. I ended up switching the headphones for a pair of el-cheapo speakers just because the pretending-to-ignore-you thing actually became a nuisance when I really needed to hear someone. So now I have music playing quietly at my desk as I work. Is it too loud? Does it bother people? I don't care. I'll turn it down if you ask me to, but otherwise I hope you like my music.

No comments: