Thursday, October 20, 2005

Keeping Score

Due to a recent comment written by a sharp-eyed "Anonymous", I've decided on a new, ongoing game. I must admit that although I really can't stand poor grammar and stuff like that, I will undoubtedly make errors. So, for now on I would ask that anytime you find me making these aforementioned errors, please let me know. I will keep track of who notices the most errors and post the scores here in my blog. Once in a while, I will intentionally make an error just to see who picks it up. Keep in mind that the detailed-minded person with the most points will be called "nerd" and "anal-retentive loser" quite often. But please don't let that discourage you from joining in the game.

Rules:
  1. typos don't count
  2. if I mean to write a sentence fragment, that doesn't count
  3. if I mean to write a run-on sentence, that doesn't count
  4. all submissions will be judged solely by me and I can change my mind anytime
  5. if I meant to do something, like not capitalize some words, that doesn't count

Current Score:
Anonymous = 1
everyone else = 0

3 comments:

Dennis said...

Internet speak... with the advent of email has changed grammar. People now speak (ie. type) in sentence fragments and bad grammar more than ever. I saw some mini documentary about it a while back. Besides the English language is the worst for following its own so-called grammatical rules.

Anonymous said...

detailed-minded --> detail-minded

Oliver said...

sorry, anonymous, that one was a typo. doesn't count.