Friday, March 16, 2007

Getting There...

Today I finally got to hold Amelia. I rushed to the hospital after work and got there just in time to hold her for just 10 minutes. I didn't cry this time because I was too excited to just be holding her. She is so beautiful even behind the cpap and IV lines. Both her and Lucas' feeding schedules have been bumped up to 2mL every 2 hours (instead of every 3hrs) which means they are tolerating the feeds a better. Maybe now they'll start gaining some weight! They're still so small...

Yesterday Lucas' cpap was discontinued. He's now fully breathing on his own so there's nothing covering his face anymore except a tiny little feeding tube going to his nose. I knew that eventually he would lose his peripheral IV lines and would have to get one in his scalp and today he had one. It was so cute and sad at the same time. His head was shaved in the spot where the IV was and you could see the little IV going into his scalp. His hand were now free to wave around and boy did he ever wave them around! It was so cute to see him stretching and yawning. The nurse on tonight said she thinks Amelia would lose her cpap tomorrow morning so hopefully we'll be able to see her pretty little face again.

I know I haven't posted any pictures yet, but I'll get some up soon.

No comments: