Friday, March 9, 2007

Observations

The past couple of weeks we've made a few observations.
1.  Our local hospital has a nicer maternity floor (then again, its much newer).
2.  The dad chairs that convert into beds are medeival torture devices. The one I'm on now dooesn't even go flat.
3.  Celia: "they have good-looking doctors here."
4.  Going out of your own city to go to another hospital sucks.  I understand now why people go to those little community hospitals close to home even though all the services aren't there.  I'm only 5 minutes further than my hospital and I feel like I'm in a different province. 
5.  I've been on one side of health care for years as a nurse.  Now, I can honestly say that being on the patient side really, really sucks.  If I still worked at the bedside I'd be more caring and compassionate to all my patients that really annoy the hell out of me. 

No comments: