Wednesday, December 17, 2003

Movie Review:

The Last Samurai - Wow. Good shit. You should go see this.

LOTR: Return of the King - Long, but definitely worth the 3-1/2 hrs. You should go see this too.

And that concludes my reviews.

Anyway, just to prove that I'm a huge Lord of the Rings fan (and a pretty big geek too), I watched the first showing of Return of the King at 12:05am, Tuesday night. Yup, stayed up until 4am watching this movie. If you really want to know what I thought of it, see above.

Well, the last baby of 2003 (out of my friends) was born yesterday. Congratulations to Tsering and Heather on the birth of their new baby girl (yes, another girl)! That makes 5 or so girls born this year.

I didn't think that I watched much TV, but as it turns out, I'm pretty good with Friends trivia. Maybe not as good as Jeric, Mar, and Lisa (those 3 know WAY too much about Friends) but I think I was able to hold my ground.

Oh, I went snowboarding the other day too. Night boarding at Cypress. Nice snow, but it got a little windy and it hurt my face. My new jacket kicks ass. Even more than canadian girls.

Top Ten Liberties Taken by Peter Jackson in Making Lord of the Rings (in no particular order):
10. the Aragorn/Arwen love thing wasn't a big deal in the book.
9. The Shire was not "scourged" in the movies.
8. Saruman was actually at traitor to Sauron.
7. Gimli wasn't supposed to be comic relief.
6. Tom Bombadil WAS an important character.
5. Faramir was supposed to be a much nobler character.
4. Faramir and Eowyn are supposed to hook up at the end.
3. Merry and Pippin were supposed to become big heroes.
2. What happened to Sam's box of soil from Lothlorien?
1. There were no elves at Helm's Deep.

There you go. If you've read the books, the movies left out a lot but I don't blame them. They were very faithful to the books and were an excellent adaptation for the big screen. Overall, the movie trilogy was good shit. If you're a fan of the movies, I recommend reading the books. What else are you going to do until Star Wars Episode 3 comes out?

No comments: