Thursday, December 18, 2003

You know when you have childhood friends that you don't see in years? You just figure that if they're ever in town, or if you ever go to where they are you'll see them. It would be a great reunion. Telling old stories, catching up with all the things you've missed - it would be so much fun, right? The best part is that there's never a time limit. If you haven't seen them in 10 years, 15 years, or even 20 years, it wouldn't matter. The stories of when you got in trouble at 7 years old would still be the same. There would just be more catching up to do. I always figured that this would be the case. When we went to Regina a couple of years ago for Jeff's wedding it was a big reunion of all the old friends I grew up with. Some of them, I haven't seen since I was 12 years old, and others that I'd never met until the wedding (Gary's son - wow, he looks like a little Gary). But there were a couple of people missing. Its too bad they couldn't come. At the time, I just thought I'd go make a trip someday and see them. But now, I have to apologize. I'm sorry Richelle. I'm sorry I never got to see you. I'm sorry I never kept in contact, and I'm sorry I didn't get to catch up with you and tell old stories again.

No comments: