Thursday, January 22, 2004

IQ

I just took an IQ test online and it said my IQ was 133. I am so smart! S-M-R-T! I don't really believe in IQ tests. From the various online tests I've seen, they mostly just test your ability to read a question properly, find patterns, think logically, and know some high school math. I also found that if you didn't know some mathematical formulas like the Pythagorean Formula, you wouldn't be able to answer the question without guessing. "Sure," you might say, "but you have to be smart to know that stuff." Not really. Learning how to spot patterns, knowing formulas and carefully reading questions can all be learned in school by anyone. All it takes is a little bit of effort. I think the real test of how smart someone is lays in one's ability to get through life and say, "After all that, I'm alright."

No comments: