Friday, March 5, 2004

Am I Busy?

A friend of mine asked me if I was busy for the next few days. Let's see, tonight is my friend Renee's last night in Vancouver so I think we're all going out, tomorrow I have to work (12 hours, mind you), then after work I'm going to a retirement party for a woman at work in Aldergrove, Sunday I have to work again (12 hours, mind you), then on Monday morning I have the dreaded interview, and then on Monday night I'm working again (12 hou...you know). I think when I'm complaining about too much to do I'm just being dumb. I really enjoy my time off and sitting around doing nothing, but staying busy helps me stay organized. This reminds of one time when a friend of mine (name omitted for anonymity) said to me, "I've been busy all day: I went to work, went shopping, took a shower, dropped off my car..." Okay Steve, when you list your activities for the day, you DON'T add "taking a shower". I know what he meant, but it just sounded funny. oops, so much for anonymity.

No comments: